Wednesday, March 17, 2010

101 in 1001

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks you would like to do. Here is a list of the things that I would like to do, it is a condensed version of the original 101 in 1001. There are many other things that I would like to do in life but some I know are not realist in this time frame. I am going to try my best to complete all of these. Maybe this will motivate me to make some of the things that I want to do a reality. I will let yall know along the way what I have done. Thanks Marcie for the idea.

Top 71 in 1001

1) Watch my hubby run the Triathlon (Xtera)
2) Go out of the country again whether it is Sandals or not.
3) Get into RN school

4) Graduate from RN school
5) Get into Nurse Practitioner School
6) Become a licensed CRNP
7) Get Pregnant
8) Have a healthy baby
9) Buy a bigger house
10) Have both nieces spend the night with Trevor and I
11) Help deliver Lindsey and Jason’s third baby
12) Do three classes at the gym in one week
13) Go to Oak Mountain for the day
14) Run a whole 5k without stopping
15) Be a bridesmaid in Ashley’s wedding
16) Build a porch on our house.

17) Go back to Gatlinburg and climb the mountain again that we did with Justin and Marcie without getting so tired.
18) Get my wedding album done
19) Read a whole book all the way through
20) Go camping even though I am not much for sleeping outdoors I have just always wanted to do it.
21) Cut my hair off, probably Trevor’s favorite thing on the list
22) Go ice skating (which we have talked about for a while now)
23) Go to the beach with friends
24) Get pictures made with Trevor by a photographer just for fun
25) Go to a winery
26) Ride a train somewhere
27) Get my passport updated with my married name.
28) Plant my spring flowers
29) Get a new computer
30) Throw a party with someone
31) Watch Trevor walk down the aisle again in a tux for Chad and Alissa’s wedding
32) Try a new recipe at least every once a weeks for a month
33) Go fishing with Trevor at his parents lake property, since they have had it for a couple of years now just never been
34) Make the extra bedroom into an office

35) Eat our wedding cake for our one year anniversary
36) Try a Zumba class
37) Go to a play or musical at the Alabama Theater or BJCC
38) Get a drawing of our first home and eventually every house that we ever live in to hang all together.
39) Clean out my closet and get rid of all the things I don’t wear anymore
40) Go to a drive in theater
41) Surprise Trevor with something
42) Get my wedding rings sautered together
43) Go to some of Madison’s soccer games, this is her first time to play any sport
44) Go to another college football, game have only been once since 2007
45) Have a big party during football season next year with our dog not running away

46) Do something for charity
47) Visit a state that I have never been to before
48) Go to another crawfish boil (not the one downtown)
49) Don’t eat any desserts for a whole week
50) Go visit Justin in Auburn, he is about to start his senior year and we have never been to his house.
51) Do a scrapbook of me and Trevor’s first year of marriage
52) Go to Sips N Strokes on a night that I will actually use the painting
53) Watch the Sunrise and Sunset in the same day
54) Go on a picnic
55) Go to the spa with my mom
56) Try Yoga
57) Learn how to make Sticky Rice with the sauce that Trevor and I like so much of Christy and Paul’s
58) Go skiing again
59) Start a retirement plan
60) Make a homemade apple pie
61) Donate hair to locks of love
62) Buy or make a bookcase for all of my nursing books in the bottom of the closet
63) Learn how to sew on a sewing machine
64) Carve our names in a tree
65) Go back to six flags
66) Go to the zoo
67) Stanford not to run away for six months straight starting today (our dog is very smart but very stubborn)
68) Buy something without looking at the price (really don’t think this is possible because I am so cheap but would love to try)
69) Go to Trevor’s class reunion if he will go
70) Cook a meal for Trevor’s parents and my parents to all eat together
71) Have a game night

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love your list!!!! Ok so things I will do with you:

    1 (bc our husbands are doing it together), 13 (bc we're doing that THIS WEEKEND), 17 (I am SOOOOO down with this idea), 20 (we can mix this with number 17), 22 (bc that's on my list too), 23 (so excited for their joint party), 40 (on my list too), 44 (we need a Roll Tide girls weekend in Ttown for a game), 47 (Maine...I made that decision for you), 52 (also on my list), 56 (you will be doing this with me very soon...thursday?), 65 (I am feeling a Lobdell/Morris trip coming on..), 69 (HE BETTER GO!!!), 71 (Partini anyone???).

    Other items of note:

    24 - use my sister!!! She took some of Jennifer and Jeff recently and they were great!

    38 - awesome idea...very creative!

    64 - LOVE IT!!!

    That was really long...apologies...SEE YOU TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You've made me want to do one of these. I thought about it back when Marcie posted hers but I just never took the time but now that you've done it to, I'm gonna suck it up and do it. ha!

    ReplyDelete