Wednesday, May 26, 2010

# 59

Retirement planning. I actually did this about a month ago but I guess I forgot it was on my last. I started a 401K with work. They match what we put in up to 5% of our paycheck so it was kind of stupid that I didn't do this sooner. I have been here over a year and could have made a lot by now. I am not a huge gambler so I put it in stocks that weren't as risky but I am happy with my progress in the last month.
Trevor and I also got life insurance on each other in the past few months. Kind of weird. We both had a little bit of life insurance through work but not much.
I am so happy that we have started to prepare for our future though. The younger you start the better off you will be when you are older. I think that we are also going to start a mutual fund or another form of retirement in the coming months but I think we are doing pretty good so far.
Hope everyone is have a good week. I am off to my first night of class. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. And while getting insurance you ruined Marcie and Justin's chances of getting decent insurance for Africa. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete