Friday, April 6, 2012

# 46 The Jazz Cat Ball

Number 46 on my 101 list was to do something for charity. A few  Saturday’s ago we attended the first annual Jazz Cat Ball at Workplay. It was a benefit for the greater Birmingham humane society. The esthetician that I work with at the dermatologist office is on the board for them so some of us from work went. It was more fun than I thought it would be. I was expecting to go and hang out for a little while and contribute to the humane society but we ended up staying until around 1130 that night. I was concerned on what to wear, due to it being a formal event and me being 25 weeks and a few days pregnant. I ended up wearing a dress that I bought for New Years 2 years ago. Not sure how I still fit in it but Harper and I squeezed in it. They had several nice restaurants that catered the event. All the food was delicious. They had dueling piano’s in one room and a live band in another. They also had a silent auction that had some pretty nice things in it. It was New Orleans style so as you were walking to different areas at the venue they had dancers, guitar players, and multiple others that had boxes by them for donations. Pretty neat. We didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are a few…

flowers 1086

flowers 1084 flowers 1081

No comments:

Post a Comment