Saturday, April 30, 2011

Disaster in Alabama

In all my years of hearing James Spann on the news saying take cover, there is a tornado warning in your area, I never imagined something like this. When this happens usually I am like ok lets go outside and look around and when we see something we will get in our safe place. I will never do that again!! In Tuscaloosa, where I went to school for 3 years before graduating in 2009, is in pieces. I am so glad the friends that I have that still live there were all safe. Some of them no longer have a place to call home but they do have their life. More than hundreds of others could say if they were still with us. My good friend Emily no longer has an apartment in the Pleasant Grove/Hueytown area. The sad thing is she had to find out about it on facebook due to phones not working. Luckily she was at her boyfriends in Mccalla when it came through. My heart goes out to all that were affected by this storm. We just listened on the radio as everything happened, due to the power being out. So when I was able to see everything that they were saying on the radio with my own eyes it made a world of difference. There are donation sites all around Alabama right now. There is one in the old Winn Dixie shopping center, by my house if anyone needs a place to take things. They are accepting pretty much everything from toiletries to canned food and clothing. I am so proud to see people working together in these hard times without hesitation. I can't help but cry every time I watch these videos



No comments:

Post a Comment