Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice Storm and Auburn Wins National Championship!

On Sunday Trevor and I went to church and after church went to the grocery store to get the essentials, you know for the blizzard we were supposed to get. We got some chili and a few other things then came home. We cleaned most of the day then had a few friends over to cook out some yummy food. Before they got here it started raining ice really hard. I was surprised at how much it was doing. Our friends hung out here for a little while then went home driving very carefully. I got a call from work saying that we were going to be closed due to the weather on Monday and not 5 minutes later got a call from the school saying my first night of class had been canceled. When the weather man kept threatening that there was a big possibility we were going to loose power we decided to pack up and go to my parents house around 8 that night. My nieces, sister, and brother-in-law were over there and since they were calling for snow we wanted to be there to play with the kids in it. My dad had to go in to work though. So we were glad that we went to be with my mom. We went on a little longer of a route to get to my parents house than usual to detour some hills. We still slid a few times. The ice was so pretty everywhere, especially on the roads because no one was driving on it. We only saw like two cars on the way and one was a cop. We had to drive at only about 10-15 mph to get there safely. After we got there the kids were so excited to see Stanford. We played Wii for a little while, watched the news and roasted marsh mellows. The kids had a good time doing that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all went to bed hoping when we woke up Monday morning there would be lots of snow to play in, but that didn't happen. Trevor woke up early with Stan and took him on a long walk through the neighborhood and out to the main road. When he got back he said everything was very frozen on the roads but no real snow. Bummer!! We apparently were in the gap on the radar and only got the ice part of the winter storm. Oh well we had a good time hanging out with the family. My dad came home, after being at the fire station all night, around 2 in the afternoon on Monday and said the roads were much better just a little slushy. So..Trevor and I packed up our stuff to come home.
After we got home and unpacked, showered, and got warm again we snuggled on the coach and watched a movie. We watched Inception, which is a great movie by the way, if you haven't seen it already. After the movie we got ready to go to Devin's house to watch the National Championship game. I brought the chili over there and they made a few other things and we were about to pop by the time the game started. I am a crazy Alabama fan and graduated from there but was definitely pulling for the Tigers. We have a great football state, in case you guys didn't know. To have 2 Heisman trophy winners and 2 National Championships from the same state of Alabama back to back is awesome to me. I wasn't going to wear an Auburn shirt but I had on my orange shirt. It was a great game.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right before the game got started I got a voicemail from work saying we were closed again today and from school saying my second official day of class had been canceled. Kind of disappointing because I didn't want to take another day of vacation time but oh well. So...I am off today and about to starting studying some things my teacher already put online. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and congrats to the Auburn Tigers!!

2 comments:

  1. Apparently rooting for AU makes you a non-loyal Alabama fan ;) Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange is a good color on you. I'm just sayin'! :o)

    ReplyDelete