Saturday, August 25, 2012

Harper at Two Months Old

This month Harper has been so good for all that we have done. He has gone with the flow and traveled twice. He went on his first airplane ride to Mobile for a weekend and drove to Santa Rosa Beach for a week.  I can’t believe how fast he is growing.  On July 18th he had his 2 month check up at the doctor. He was such a big boy. At this appointment he weighed 10lbs 15oz. I couldn’t believe he basically weighed 11lbs. He was in the 80th% for weight and height and 70% for head. It made me feel so good that my milk was making him so big.  Harper did really good getting his shots. He got four, two in each leg. He only cried when they stuck him and then stopped immediately after. At this point I am feeding him only breast milk except one bottle of formula right before he goes to bed at night. He is by far the best sleeper at night for his age. At around 6 weeks he started going to bed between 9 and 10 at night and didn’t wake up until between 5 and 6 in the morning. He still woke up around 3 but I just stuck his paci in and he kept sleeping. After about a week or so he quit waking up at 3 and just slept right through the night. Now he pushes it sometimes until 730 but never any later than that. After he eats he goes right back to sleep and sleeps until 9 or 10. When he wakes up and eats he stays up for around 45 minutes and goes back to sleep in his swing. He usually sleeps around 2 hours at this nap. The rest of the day there is no schedule. He just kind of does whatever. He is still not a huge fan of his bed but I am starting to try to break him of that. At night he still sleeps in the rock and play sleeper by our bed. I am planning to try tot transition him to his room when I start back to work.

flowers 1023

The last Friday in July we left to go to Mobile and didn’t come home until that next Tuesday. We flew out around lunch both days. It was pretty amazing to get on a plane at the Shelby County Airport and make it to Mobile in under 40 minutes. I didn’t have to worry about all the germs from a normal airplane because it was only a 6 passenger private jet, not including the two pilates. Bubba had to do his show that morning and he was nice enough to invite us to ride with him on the plane there. We went to Mobile for the sectional tennis tournament. They played multiple southern states and won all there matches. Now they will go to Nationals in Arizona in October. I am so proud of his team. Harper and I only went out to watch him twice because it was too hot for him out there. He did very well when we went though.

flowers 1079flowers 1102 flowers 1100

flowers 1070 flowers 1091

After we got home from Mobile on Tuesday around lunch we had to unpack, do laundry, and start packing for the beach. We left that Saturday to go with his family to Santa Rosa Beach.

On a side not we SOLD our HOUSE. We have gone multiple times to look at different houses and haven’t found anything that we love yet. We have to be out of our house in 2 weeks and don’t know where we are going. We even tossed around the idea of building a house. After lots of thinking we are probably just going to rent a place and keep looking a little longer, if we can’t find anything this week.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH he's so friggin cute!!! I have to see him again soon and see these smiles in person! He has been such an incredible trooper this summer!!